We are currently reviewing committee posts and associated helpers, identifying key areas of activity which would benefit from additional input and/or from particular skills.
To start the ball rolling, we would like to arrange some sort of informal get-together this term to enable potential volunteers to find out what’s envisaged and how best they might be able to help. This is likely to take the form of an evening with light refreshments and a glass of wine in a pub or, depending on numbers, in someone’s home.
It would be really helpful to know whether you might feel able to take on some additional activity for the Society – in some cases, sooner rather than later! In particular we are looking for help with:
1. Managing our publicity and marketing. This could involve
- • Co-ordinating the regular distribution of our pre-concert publicity material
- • Developing opportunities for media coverage of our concerts – press reports, local radio, social media, locally distributed advertising
- • Recruiting and managing advertisers for our concert programmes
- • Seeking out fund raising opportunities and sponsorship
- • Seeking out and developing outreach opportunities in the wider community – contact with local schools; specific demographic groups; involvement with other arts based activities etc.
- • Skills in copy writing, media production or graphic design would be especially welcome too. Or perhaps you know of someone – friend or family member – who might fit the bill?
We envisage these tasks being shared between several people working as a team with Pam, our Publicity & Marketing co-ordinator.
2. Organising a programme of social events. This would involve an annual ‘cheap and cheerful’ end of season event but could also include a similar event at Christmas, a summer barbecue and perhaps a quiz night. There is currently a vacant committee post for someone to co-ordinate and oversee these activities but they could be managed equally well by a self-starting team of people working independently.
3. Support or cover for existing teams/task areas such as organising and running our pre-concert workshops; rehearsals management; ticket sales; social media; concert management.
4. And last but by no means least, stepping up to take on committee roles as they become vacant. We have to recruit a new Chair Person to take over from David next October (2020) and ideally you should be able to join the committee for a few months beforehand to become familiar with its business and associated procedures.
If you think you can help, please complete the form (see link below) and return it to Judy Newton-Davies, either by email email@example.com or in person at a Monday rehearsal no later than
Monday 2 February 2020.